Try this warming soup that’s simple, vegan & delicious!
INGREDIENTS – find them now!
- 1 (2-2½lb) butternut squash, peel removed, seeds removed, and diced
- 1 medium onion (I prefer sweet), diced
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth (or any broth or bone broth)
- 2-4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss diced squash in a drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt (and pepper, if you like) and place on a baking sheet. Roast the squash at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until tender and the edges are starting to caramelize.
- While the squash is roasting, heat another drizzle of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. add onion and cook over medium-low heat, stirring regularly to caramelize the onions. When they’re golden and tender, sprinkle a bit of salt (and pepper, if you like) over them.
- When the squash and onions are finished cooking, let them cool slightly, then add them to a blender, or food processor, along with 3 cups of vegetable broth and 2-3 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar. Puree until very smooth, working in batches, if necessary. Taste and add additional salt, pepper, or balsamic vinegar to taste. If the soup seems too thick, add additional broth and mix until incorporated.
Note: If you’re working with an immersion blender, add the cooked squash, caramelized onions, broth, and vinegar to a soup pot and puree until smooth that way.
Recipe sourced from Food Blog One Lovely Life: https://www.onelovelylife.com/roasted-butternut-squash-soup/